Thursday 9 January 2014

In Loving memory

Sorry, not really book related but just wanted to share.

Tough day for me today!

"I thought of you with love today but that is nothing new
I thought about you yesterday and days before that too,

I think of you in silence I often speak your name
All I have are memories and your picture in a frame

Your memory is my keepsake with which I'll never part
God has you in His keeping I have you in my heart."

In loving memory of my lovely mum who was taken from us, a year ago today.

Love you and miss you mum.


This past twelve months has been a bit of a gut wrench and rather than face my grief I buried myself in books. It was easier to escape to others people's dramas, and their high's and low's, than deal with my own.


In September, I believe mum told me enough was enough and planted the seed for "Silver Lining". I honestly believe she is the driving force behind my perseverance to get on with it. Also with the whirlwind that has been my life since Friday when I happened to check Facebook and saw a post about beta readers. Since then I have met new people, okay only cyberly (not a real word I know, but it should be ;) ). They have been supportive and encouraging and I am so grateful to them. I believe in fate and what is meant to be will be, and mum, if you are listening, I'm sure you had a helping hand in it, knowing I was fretting about what to do next.


So Jennifer, Kendra, Jessica x 2, Kay and Ashley - Thank You! You guys are awesome and I haven't been able to keep the smile off my face all week.


Those that have had a chance to sneak peek Silver Lining will see snippets through the book dedicated to mum. Especially a certain scene on a football/soccer field that was drawn from the incident that lead my mum and dad to first meeting. More about that another time maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment